AMN (Avalanche / Mountaineering / Nordic Backcountry) Instructor Continuing Education and Patroller Enhancement Seminar.
This year we are back in Northfield, Massachusetts!
This Year’s Theme
Backcountry Rescue – It’s About Time
This event is open to all Avalanche, MTR, and Nordic Instructors (must attend at least once every three years to maintain your instructor status), or ANY Patrollers looking to learn more about Avalanche, MTR, and Nordic and would like enhancement credits for attending.
We are looking for volunteer patrollers from the region and division who might like to help out with logistics and stations.
There will be an activity planned for Sunday morning.
Register for the courses on NSP.org:
After Registering here on PatrollerSchool.org, you will need to register on NSP for the appropriate courses to get credit from them. You will receive a confirmation email with the links embedded in it. Click on the appropriate links below. PRO TIP: Once you log in at NSP, click the Register Myself button, then click the next course link below, and don’t click Proceed to Checkout on NSP until all courses have been added to your cart. Below are the courses you will be able to register for:
Instructor Continuing Education Clinic (Register for the disciplines that you are an instructor in):
- Avalanche Instructor Con Ed.
- MTR Instructor Con Ed.
- Nordic Instructor Con Ed.
- NSP Instructor Skills Review for Continuing Education (all instructors should register).
Everyone can register for:
- MTR Clinic
- Nordic Skills
- Incident Command System 100
(All patrollers need this only once. If you haven’t done it yet, here is an opportunity.) Discover how to take any of the FEMA ICS courses by visiting the Patroller School MTR FEMA page.
(go to PatrollerSchool for help taking the course.)
For all attendees: Your email ticket includes the Training Waiver. Please print and fill out your ticket to save time at registration.
Schedule of Events:
Friday Afternoon/Evening (9/13)
- Set up camp and facilities at Barton Cove Campground
- 7 am, registration and continental breakfast
- 8 am, general session and program presentations
- 11 am, Continuing Education (ConEd)
- Noon, catered lunch
- 1 pm, three-station rotation (Avalanche, MTR, Nordic)
- 4 pm, wrap-up, raffle, de-briefing and cleanup
- done by 6 – travel to Barton Cove Campground have Potluck BBQ dinner (bring a dish to share) and setup camp
What can I bring into the event?
- Patroller Jacket or Vest (for pictures)
- Patrol pack (1st aid, if you have, bring: compass, GPS, etc.)
- Avalanche Gear (Shovel, Probe, and Beacon if you have them)
- Sleeping gear
- Food to share for Saturday evening around the campfire
- Food for Sunday if you are staying
- camp chair
What food will be supplied?
- Saturday morning will consist of muffins, bagels, fruit, OJ, milk, and coffee.
- Saturday Lunch will be sandwiches: bread, potato salad, coleslaw, Roast beef, ham, and turkey, lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese.
- Saturday evening: Whatever you bring to share at the BBQ/potluck. There will be fire and charcoal grills for cooking.
- Sunday: Whatever you bring, and maybe leftovers.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- 2019 AMN
September 13, 2019 - September 15, 2019
6:00 PM - 12:00 PM
Northfield Mountain is a pumped storage hydroelectric facility owned and operated by FirstLight Power Resources. In accordance with our federal license, we offer a wide variety of recreational opportunities as well as an extensive array of environmental and recreation programs. We are a four-season recreation facility situated along a beautiful sweep of mountainside, with satellite facilities conveniently located along a 7-mile stretch of the Connecticut River.