FEMA IS-100 Online Course
ICS 100, Introduction to the Incident Command System, introduces the Incident Command System (ICS) and provides the foundation for higher level ICS training. This course describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System. It also explains the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
When you are ready to take the web-based interactive course, locate the TAKE THIS COURSE section and click the link shown above.
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the principles and the basic structure of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Describe the NIMS management characteristics that are the foundation of the ICS.
- Describe the ICS functional areas and the roles of the Incident Commander and Command Staff.
- Describe the General Staff roles within ICS.
- Identify how NIMS management characteristics apply to ICS for a variety of roles and discipline areas.
When entering into the online course, read the content displayed in the center and click the ARROW buttons in the bottom of the display. The first few course content slides will describe in detail how to navigate through the course. IS-100 has 106 course content slides. The last slide leads to the TEXT.
Introduction to the INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM. Click to get started…
The TEST can be taken at any time. You may also return after additional studying to take or re-take it. Remember, to proceed with testing, you are required to have a verified Student Identification Number.
FEMA IS-100.c Test
When ready to test, click this button
Please check with your IOR for submitting “Certificates of Completion.” Every NSP member is required to show proof of completion on their educational profile. Your IOR will help direct you to the NSP Course Credit Requisition system with a course number for receiving credit.